cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No can contact you

No can contact you

rdtruitt1
Explorer | Level 4

I tired to answer a  Dropbox tag, and I got this back from my email program, MS Outlook.live -

Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361

6 Replies 6

Re: No can contact you

Mark
Super User II

You need to contact Dropbox via www.dropbox.com/support 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rdtruitt1
Explorer | Level 4

It's just a dumb chatbot that cant handle this issue.

Mark
Super User II

All the support options available to you are listed there. Most human based support is limited to paying users. 

Otherwise it is here or Twitter

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @rdtruitt1, I hope you're doing well!

Would it be possible for you to explain your situation? 

I'd need some additional information in order to be able to help as much as I possibly can.

Thank you!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rdtruitt1
Explorer | Level 4

My initial post is basically saying that the Dropbox email account refuses to accept emails from my Outlook email account.  That's the technical explanation distilled into plain English.

Mark
Super User II

@rdtruitt1 

But what email address are you trying to email? We cannot mind read here, sadly. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    rdtruitt1 Explorer | Level 4
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?