cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No folders after joining business account

No folders after joining business account

New member | Level 2

We have just signed an enterprise agreement with Dropbox and are inviting our users toconvert there personal accounts to the Business one. One of our users was invited to join the Business Account, when joining none of their existing files and folders have synced over? Is there anyway to undo the business join and return to being a personal account to see if the files and folders are still there? There was a lot of critical information in there thats just gone?

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No folders after joining business account

Dropboxer

Hey @mw1804 - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I am sorry to hear about this - let's take a look into it together. 

If the invitee has chosen to join the team with their existing account ( the one using the email address you invited to the team) their files should have been migrated to the team now. As this would require more account specific information you can log a ticket, chat or even call our Support team from your Admin's console

As per your question now, if I understood correctly and you want to remove a current member of your team in order to revert their account to a personal one, follow these steps:

1. Go to Admin Console.

2. Find the Members tab

3. Navigate to the member in question  and click on the gear icon on the right column. 

4. Choose Delete .

5. Choose to "Transfer the files later

6. Choose "No" when asked if you'd like to delete this member's content from their devices when they come online. 

7. Choose the "Convert to individual Dropbox Basic account instead". 

Moreover, you can always see more about your team files' activity under your Activity Tab or even prompt the member to check their events page in order to have a better view on what might have happened with the files in question. 

I hope this information helps and I remain at your disposal.  Should you have any more queries, just let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hey @mw1804 - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I am sorry to hear about this - let's take a look into it together. 

If the invitee has chosen to join the team with their existing account ( the one using the email address you invited to the team) their files should have been migrated to the team now. As this would require more account specific information you can log a ticket, chat or even call our Support team from your Admin's console

As per your question now, if I understood correctly and you want to remove a current member of your team in order to revert their account to a personal one, follow these steps:

1. Go to Admin Console.

2. Find the Members tab

3. Navigate to the member in question  and click on the gear icon on the right column. 

4. Choose Delete .

5. Choose to "Transfer the files later

6. Choose "No" when asked if you'd like to delete this member's content from their devices when they come online. 

7. Choose the "Convert to individual Dropbox Basic account instead". 

Moreover, you can always see more about your team files' activity under your Activity Tab or even prompt the member to check their events page in order to have a better view on what might have happened with the files in question. 

I hope this information helps and I remain at your disposal.  Should you have any more queries, just let me know. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2
That’s fantastic that has helped me out. Thank you for responding!!

Dropboxer

Glad to hear this helped @mw1804!

Should you ever come up with any Dropbox question, let us know and we'll be here to help!

Have a great day!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?