cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Admin deleted his account by leaving the organisation. How can I become admin?

Our Admin deleted his account by leaving the organisation. How can I become admin?

Explorer | Level 3

Actually nobody in our team is listed as admin, only "normal users". Now we have to share with other collegues but nobody has admin rights. How can I change my account to admin?

3 Replies 3

Re: Our Admin deleted his account by leaving the organisation. How can I become admin?

Dropboxer

Hello @Pedal, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

To change admin permissions in the team, an admin would need to take this action. Just to clarify, was their account completely deleted? Or is the admin account still a member of the team?

To delete a Dropbox account, you would have to cancel the subscription on the account first, so if you're still in a team this would be a free team.

When you mentioned "normal users", are you referring to having Basic accounts when you check in your Plan page here?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Our Admin deleted his account by leaving the organisation. How can I become admin?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

the problem is that we actually are whitout admin and the account of the former admin was completely deleted by error. He tried to login again by chancing his password but he didn't get the email from dropbox with the link to change password.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Pedal.

Can you let me know what plan your team is currently on? 

As I mentioned, the admin wouldn't be able to delete their account themselves whilst they are part of a Business team. Deleting an admin from a team could only be carried out by another admin, which I understand that there isn't.

The best option might be for the admin to contact our Support team by filling in the relevant details under the "Submit a Help Request" from this page (while signed out of any Dropbox account).

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?