cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pdf not opening in Adobe when Using Dropbox online

Pdf not opening in Adobe when Using Dropbox online

HawleyLaura
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have installed adobe acrobat reader DC, linked my dropbox account to it, and change the default program to open pdf files to adobe, but when I try to open a pdf from Dropbox online, it still opens in my edge browser (windows 10.) 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Thats because it isnt being downloaded, its just previewing via the website (IE/Edge etc. is really bad at this).

The only way to do it otherwise would be to download it to the computer and then NOT use the 'open' options in Edge and open it via wherever it was downloaded to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Thats because it isnt being downloaded, its just previewing via the website (IE/Edge etc. is really bad at this).

The only way to do it otherwise would be to download it to the computer and then NOT use the 'open' options in Edge and open it via wherever it was downloaded to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

joannayotte
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have a question about pdf and adobe and dropbox. when i download a pdf from dropbox it opens automatically as a chrome html document so functions like fill and sign are not there. i've tried the solutions for pdf viewing in chrome to no avail so someone suggested it might be a setting in dropbox. if you're familiar with this problem is there a chance you can assist me?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @joannayotte; thanks for joining our Community and sorry for the late response.

If you're still having issues with this, could you walk me through the exact steps you take to do this and also send me a screenshot of what you see so I can advise further?

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

HawleyLaura
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you.  It now appears to be working properly.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response, Laura; I'm glad to hear it's sorted now.

Enjoy the rest of your day and see you around the Community! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tracy3999
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there, I am having an issue with opening PDFs in Dropbox with Adobe. The only option Dropbox is giving me to open the file is "Smallpdf." I have linked my Dropbox account with Adobe desktop. Please advise.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tracy3999, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Could you send us a screenshot (without any personal information) of what you're seeing, so as to have a better visual of this?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tracy3999
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

20200920_095742.jpg20200920_095731.jpg

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for those screenshots @tracy3999!

I'd suggest checking out the app center here, where you can search for Adobe and see how to connect this app to Dropbox.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JerryB New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    tracy3999 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?