cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Personal Dropbox merged with Team

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

a contractor I hired sent me some files for me to download on dropbox. He invited me to join his Dropbox business team, but I didn't know that I was joining his team. I thought I was just accessing the files he sent me. So now, on my dashboard it shows his company at the top and not my name anymore. Basically he's now the admin of my personal files from my own personal subscription. It's unbelievable that Dropbox would even allow this. 

I asked him to remove me as a "member" from his "Team" but when he did, it basically deleted my account! Luckliy he was able to reinstate it but he's still the admin of my files and my subscription. It's unreal. Please help with any tips.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Personal Dropbox merged with Team

Super User II
Super User II

As you've discovered, removing a member from a Dropbox team deletes the account. Instead, the team admin needs to convert your account to an individual account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

As you've discovered, removing a member from a Dropbox team deletes the account. Instead, the team admin needs to convert your account to an individual account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you. I'll have them give it a try.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It worked. Thanks so much Rich!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?