cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to STOP users from creating new folders?

Possible to STOP users from creating new folders?

New member | Level 2

Hi there,

We have a taxonomy / folder structure that we use to manage our company documents and we have created this in DropBox as a series of root folders underneath the admin DropBox which are then shared as appropriate to members of the team.

Ideally we do not want members of the team to modify the folder structure or add new private folders to their own DropBox, we want all documents to be saved to the existing folder structure as it has been designed.

Is there any way to restrict our team members from creating new folders in their DropBox? We are happy for them to create additional sub folders inside the main folders but if the option is just "all or nothing" then we would prefer them not to be able to create folders at all.

Cheers,

Olly

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Possible to STOP users from creating new folders?

Dropboxer

Hi @Esland A.

Just want to let you know I got this from @Mark and passed to our teams. As mentioned, this type of restriction is currently not supported.

Thanks for asking!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super User II
Hi Esland,

I'm afraid it is not possible to restrict Dropbox in such a way. I'll pass the feedback on though.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hi @Esland A.

Just want to let you know I got this from @Mark and passed to our teams. As mentioned, this type of restriction is currently not supported.

Thanks for asking!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?