cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover File From Deleted Account by Admin

Recover File From Deleted Account by Admin

Ikram Reduzan
Explorer | Level 3
My account has been deleted by admin. So do my files. Now I want to get the files back unfortumately admin cannot restore my account back after following dropbox steps to restore deleted account. My name is not there. How can I get those files back as it is super important to me. Dropbox please response asap as no one entertain my email for 5 days already. It has been a very torturing time as I lost very important files. Please contact me so wr can discuss this issue.

Many thanks.
22 Replies 22

Re: Recover File From Deleted Account by Admin

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Ikram Reduzan, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about this. 

I'm afraid that, due to security purposes, only the admin can recover your account if it was part of the team. 

Could it be that the account was deleted more than seven days ago?

Has the team admin tried getting in touch with our Support team by any chance?

Let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rich
Super User II

@Ikram Reduzan wrote:
My account has been deleted by admin. So do my files. Now I want to get the files back unfortumately admin cannot restore my account back after following dropbox steps to restore deleted account. My name is not there.

Unfortunately, no one at Dropbox will be able to recover the account or files.

Once an account has been removed from a business team by the team admin, only the admin can restore it, at which point they then need to convert the account back to a personal account. Once deleted, they only have seven days to restore the account before it's deleted permanently.

Ikram Reduzan
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil, this happen on Monday and Ive send email to dropbox 3-4 times since then. The admin has follow all procedure given by dropbox but he said that my account name is not in the deleted (restore) section. They have try to do it 2 times. There are 2 days left before my files will be permanently deleted. Need dropbox to at least return my files back in case cant get back the account. They (my client - admin) have done following with no success:

How to restore a team member
Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
Click Admin Console.
Click Members.
Click the Member type dropdown.
Select Deleted.
Click the gear icon beside the name of the member you want to restore. ...
Click Restore member.
Click Restore in the pop-up window.

I dont know whether they have contact dropbox or not but they are my client and are very busy right now, I dont think they will spend time to help me on this. My only hope is dropbox. Can someone just at least save my files first before the 7th day. It is super important. I wonder why the files that has been sync to my desktop also lost.

Really need your help.

Thank you.

Lusil
Dropboxer
I'm afraid there's not much we can do from our end, as this is a public platform. 

You'll have to ask the team admin to get in touch with our Support team, as they will be able to look into this more in-depth. 

In the meantime, you can also submit a ticket to them via this link, using an incognito window, without signing in. 

You can then let me know any relevant ticket IDs (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ikram Reduzan
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil,
My ticket number is below which ive create last 2 days:

Ticket number: 11983141

Really need your help. Ive asked admin to do but they have done their part. Im really sure dropbox can solve this problem. Hope you can contact me in private so I can give my deleted account information.

Only 2 days left before my files will be permanently deleted. Hope dropbox help me on this. If the information is lost, it will give serious impact to my job.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Could you submit a new ticket, as the one you provided me is closed? 

You can follow the instructions mentioned in my previous post and we'll take it from there. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Ikram Reduzan
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil,

My new ticket number is below:

Many thanks. Really need your help.

Lusil
Dropboxer
I've made sure to reply to you via email, so whenever you get the chance, just check your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Ikram Reduzan
Explorer | Level 3
Dear Lusil,

Ive response in email. Many thanks.

Regards,
Ikram Reduzan
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?