cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a business account, how do I?

Removing a business account, how do I?

New member | Level 2

I had a personal DB account and then I went to business and tagged in a team member. Used it for a while (it was good), but we are now using a different VPS system and so he has left the team. I have changed my plan back to personal plus (the 2TB storage option), but the business folder still exists. I have deleted the contents but the structure itself remains. I would like to kill it altogether so that I just now have my personal stuff.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: Removing a business account, how do I?

Dropboxer

Hey @Broadwick_0, I hope you're having a good day so far!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like you might be part of a free team, which keeps the business team folder structure when downgrading from a paid business plan.

In this case, what you can do is to leave the team (or delete if you're the admin) with the steps outlined here.

This will just revert your account back to a personal account, and your files will remain safely inside your account.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?