cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Subfolder of Team Folder

Rename Subfolder of Team Folder

Explorer | Level 3

I am the sole Admin on a Team.

That Team has a Team Folder. 

Inside it are a series of subfolders.

I want to rename one of them (very simple change from '1 - clients' to '1 - Clients').

I seem to be able to do this without a problem in the Desktop App, but I cannot do it in the browser interface.

Can anyone tell me why.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rename Subfolder of Team Folder

Dropboxer
Hey @jon_win, thanks for posting your inquiry on our Forum on this inquiry! 

As I can see that you’re also discussing your options with my colleagues via our Official Support channel, I’d recommend continuing your discussion there, since they can access your account directly & they have all the relevant details surrounding the case. I’ve also included your comments, so rest assured that you’re in safe hands. 

Let me know here in case you need further assistance & I’ll make sure to follow-up with you as closely as possible. I hope that you get to fix this issue soon!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Rename Subfolder of Team Folder

Dropboxer
Hey @jon_win, thanks for posting your inquiry on our Forum on this inquiry! 

As I can see that you’re also discussing your options with my colleagues via our Official Support channel, I’d recommend continuing your discussion there, since they can access your account directly & they have all the relevant details surrounding the case. I’ve also included your comments, so rest assured that you’re in safe hands. 

Let me know here in case you need further assistance & I’ll make sure to follow-up with you as closely as possible. I hope that you get to fix this issue soon!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?