cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring a shared account

Restoring a shared account

drewmusician
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I've had a paid-for personal account for many years. I started working for a company that uses Dropbox and somehow my entire account and data has been incorporated into their account. They removed me as a member when I finished working with them and my entire account was deleted.

They've restored the data and I can log in once more, but we cannot seem to return my data to its own account that is separate to theirs - I'm still stuck within their account. The 'transfer' option won't restore to my account as it's the same email address as this one. Any ideas gratefully received!

1 Reply 1

Re: Restoring a shared account

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @drewmusician, thanks for reaching out!

What your admin needs to do, to properly remove you from the Dropbox Business team, is to convert your account to an individual one.

That way you can keep your login and your personal files.

Of course, if they used the option to transfer your files to another team member, they'll need to make sure they give you access to those files again, by sharing them with you first.

If you have any questions, let me know! 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?