cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve files locally

Retrieve files locally

jhigh
Explorer | Level 4

I have accidentally deleted a user from our teams folders. This user hasn't synced her local files for 14 days. And when she went online again, the local files and folders become deleted, because she isn't part of the team any longer. I have set her back in the team again, but the local files that was not synced are now missing in the folders.

Is there a solution to retrieve these local files that was not synced during the 14 days period. Are they somewhere on the harddrive?

3 Replies 3

Re: Retrieve files locally

Nancy
Dropboxer
Hi @jhigh! Thanks for posting on our Community! 

Just to clarify, do you mean that she had added some files to her desktop app and these never synced to her online account? 

If so, she could check her local device and see if they are stored there perhaps (besides the local Dropbox folder, she could also check her Trash/Recycle Bin). 

Let me know how it goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jhigh
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Nancy

Yes her local files were never synced to our online account. 

We couldn't find the files afterwards, but luckily we could recreate the files.

Nancy
Dropboxer
That is good to know! I hope that she can now access all of her files once again. 

For anything else you may need though, l am here for you.

Have a great weekend ahead!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropboxer
    jhigh Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?