cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

The Dropbox Community is the place to learn how Dropbox Business can work for you, with Business users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SSO Settings Per User

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Admin console SSO settings have three options - disabled, optional, or required.

It appears that this can only be set globally, and not per-user.

The issue we're facing is that making it required necessitates paying for an SSO license (in our case, OneLogin) for every user.  Our organization is 200+ and the costs quickly add up.  On the other hand, making SSO optional means we have to manage an extra layer of security (MFA) specifically for Dropbox.

Is there a way to set SSO requirements individually for users?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SSO Settings Per User

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Andrew (@Andrew K.45), while you can currently choose to set single sign-on to optional or required, kindly note that any registered setting will apply to the team rather than each member individually. If you wish to modify your settings for selected team members, then you could enable two-step verification instead. 

As it seems that you've tried to explore your options at this point, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your interest on this functionality on this thread; I’ve noted all your comments on my report internally, so as to add your voice to the feedback we’re collecting on the Community. 

Hopefully this is-even slightly- helpful to you however I’m always here if you have further questions or thoughts. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: SSO Settings Per User

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Andrew (@Andrew K.45), while you can currently choose to set single sign-on to optional or required, kindly note that any registered setting will apply to the team rather than each member individually. If you wish to modify your settings for selected team members, then you could enable two-step verification instead. 

As it seems that you've tried to explore your options at this point, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your interest on this functionality on this thread; I’ve noted all your comments on my report internally, so as to add your voice to the feedback we’re collecting on the Community. 

Hopefully this is-even slightly- helpful to you however I’m always here if you have further questions or thoughts. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?