cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Secondary backups using sign-in-as-user

Secondary backups using sign-in-as-user

eie_bp
Explorer | Level 4

We're looking for a way to make a backup of all our Dropbox business files on local machine. Currently, the PC is logged in with Admin rights and synchronising Team folders - a script simply copies the whole Dropbox folder to a separate drive.

However, this doesn't backup any files that the user has saved outside a Team folder, since the Admin account does not synchronise them. The 'sign in as user' functionality only appears to be available via the Admin console for one user at a time, so won't work as an automated backup.

I appreciate this feature is probably by design to discourage misuse, and there's already the 'backup' of the Dropbox server - but we need a local copy of ALL user files. We don't have access to a dev resource to build anything custom with the API - perhaps there's a third-party app or Dropbox partner?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JohnDropbox
Dropboxer

Hi eie_bp, unfortunately I'm not aware of any third-party apps that would allow for that functionality. Most 3rd party applications I've seen will only permit you to sync one Dropbox account to a device at a time. While I know it's not helpful for you, this might have to be something developed via our API to access each individual account and sync its contents.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully another Community member will be able to suggest a solution they've encountered.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JohnDropbox
Dropboxer

Hi eie_bp, unfortunately I'm not aware of any third-party apps that would allow for that functionality. Most 3rd party applications I've seen will only permit you to sync one Dropbox account to a device at a time. While I know it's not helpful for you, this might have to be something developed via our API to access each individual account and sync its contents.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully another Community member will be able to suggest a solution they've encountered.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?