cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Payment and Switch Plans

Highlighted

Stop Payment and Switch Plans

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I just saw that I will be getting charge $1200.00 for a plan that I don't want I just need storage for my business files and don't need a business plan. The pricing is extremely misleading $20 a month comes out to $120.00 for the year NOT $1,200.00. I'm highly considering cancelling my plan altogether and going else where due to the fact that the pricing on plans is clearly untrue. Also, there is no number I can call and speak to a real person! Please advise. 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Stop Payment and Switch Plans

Super User II
Super User II

@dalia92 wrote:

I just saw that I will be getting charge $1200.00 for a plan that I don't want I just need storage for my business files and don't need a business plan.

You can easily cancel your Business subscription. Refer to the following help article for information:

The pricing is extremely misleading $20 a month comes out to $120.00 for the year NOT $1,200.00.

As described in detail on the Business sign-up pages, the cost is per user, per month, and there's a minimum of three users. The default number of users is five. If you don't change this during the sign-up process, then you're billed for five users. $20 x 5 = $100/month x 12 = $1200/year.

Also, there is no number I can call and speak to a real person!

As a Business user, you may have live chat or phone support available to you, depending on the Business plan that you're on. I believe the $20/user/month place is Business Advanced, which does include phone support. The phone number and required PIN (along with your other support options) are available by signing into your Admin console and clicking Help in the menu on the left.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@dalia92 wrote:

The pricing is extremely misleading $20 a month comes out to $120.00 for the year NOT $1,200.00. I'm highly considering cancelling my plan altogether and going else where due to the fact that the pricing on plans is clearly untrue. 

These are screengrabs from the sign up flow when you join. 

Note, however, that the pricing I have is based on £GBP as this is where I'm based. 

image 2.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: Phone number and Real Representatives

Super User II
Super User II

@dalia92 wrote:

This is ridiculous that there is absolutely no one to call for support.

As I explained above, there is phone support if you're on a paid plan that includes it. That would be a Business Advanced or Enterprise plan. Personal accounts (Basic, Plus, Professional) and Business Standard accounts do not include phone support. Professional and Business Standard plans do have access to live chat support.

Not other users that send me a link that doesn't even take me to where I need it to.

If you need to cancel your Business subscription, then the link I provided above explains what you need to do to cancel your subscription. It also explains how to contact Support if you're having a problem cancelling. Once you've cancelled the Business subscription, you can resubscribe to a personal plan if you need more space than a Basic (free) account provides.

I need to change my plan and I keep getting the run around. It shouldn't be this diffiuclt to change my plan and get real help. 

I've provided everything you need to both cancel your plan or get further assistance. If you're having a problem with the process, you'll need to explain the specific problem that you're having so we can better assist you. Just know that for anything account specific, you should contact Support directly using the information provided.

I only have it set to 3 members so why I'm getting charged $1,200.00 is not adding up.

I'd double-check that if I were you, as a Dropbox Business Advanced plan with 5 users adds up to $1200/year.

I can't even find this Admin Console your are referring to.

Sign-in to your account on the Dropbox website and click Admin Console on the left side of the page.

0b8ea22ecc6c905e6f897e9c4ab0747d.png

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@dalia92 wrote:

I just saw that I will be getting charge $1200.00 for a plan that I don't want I just need storage for my business files and don't need a business plan.

You can easily cancel your Business subscription. Refer to the following help article for information:

The pricing is extremely misleading $20 a month comes out to $120.00 for the year NOT $1,200.00.

As described in detail on the Business sign-up pages, the cost is per user, per month, and there's a minimum of three users. The default number of users is five. If you don't change this during the sign-up process, then you're billed for five users. $20 x 5 = $100/month x 12 = $1200/year.

Also, there is no number I can call and speak to a real person!

As a Business user, you may have live chat or phone support available to you, depending on the Business plan that you're on. I believe the $20/user/month place is Business Advanced, which does include phone support. The phone number and required PIN (along with your other support options) are available by signing into your Admin console and clicking Help in the menu on the left.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@dalia92 wrote:

The pricing is extremely misleading $20 a month comes out to $120.00 for the year NOT $1,200.00. I'm highly considering cancelling my plan altogether and going else where due to the fact that the pricing on plans is clearly untrue. 

These are screengrabs from the sign up flow when you join. 

Note, however, that the pricing I have is based on £GBP as this is where I'm based. 

image 2.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Phone number and Real Representatives

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This is ridiculous that there is absolutely no one to call for support. It shouldn't be this hard to get helpful information from a dropbox representative. Not other users that send me a link that doesn't even take me to where I need it to. I need to change my plan and I keep getting the run around. It shouldn't be this diffiuclt to change my plan and get real help. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I only have it set to 3 members so why I'm getting charged $1,200.00 is not adding up. I can't even find this Admin Console your are referring to.
Highlighted

Re: Phone number and Real Representatives

Super User II
Super User II

@dalia92 wrote:

This is ridiculous that there is absolutely no one to call for support.

As I explained above, there is phone support if you're on a paid plan that includes it. That would be a Business Advanced or Enterprise plan. Personal accounts (Basic, Plus, Professional) and Business Standard accounts do not include phone support. Professional and Business Standard plans do have access to live chat support.

Not other users that send me a link that doesn't even take me to where I need it to.

If you need to cancel your Business subscription, then the link I provided above explains what you need to do to cancel your subscription. It also explains how to contact Support if you're having a problem cancelling. Once you've cancelled the Business subscription, you can resubscribe to a personal plan if you need more space than a Basic (free) account provides.

I need to change my plan and I keep getting the run around. It shouldn't be this diffiuclt to change my plan and get real help. 

I've provided everything you need to both cancel your plan or get further assistance. If you're having a problem with the process, you'll need to explain the specific problem that you're having so we can better assist you. Just know that for anything account specific, you should contact Support directly using the information provided.

I only have it set to 3 members so why I'm getting charged $1,200.00 is not adding up.

I'd double-check that if I were you, as a Dropbox Business Advanced plan with 5 users adds up to $1200/year.

I can't even find this Admin Console your are referring to.

Sign-in to your account on the Dropbox website and click Admin Console on the left side of the page.

0b8ea22ecc6c905e6f897e9c4ab0747d.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @dalia92 - did you manage to resolve your concerns after all? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?