Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronizing / Fixing Duplicate Folders

MarcFellman
Explorer | Level 3

I recently upgraded from Personal Dropbox to Business Dropbox which created a Team Folder.  I have several large folders (30 + GB) which I thought I had moved from my Personal Dropbox to the Team Folder in order to share with an employee. In reality, I had copied the folder instead of moving so that there was actually two sets of folders: one in my personal dropbox and one in my Team Folder.

Unfortuntately, for the last week, I did not realize this, and some documents have been getting saved in the Team Folder and some documents or files have been getting modified in my Personal Folder.  

It would take a very long time to manually go through each each folder (one of which has 205 subfolders), and syncronizing them.  I know there's not a magic Dropbox Solution to fix it. 

Does anyone have any suggestions though such as third party applications? It would take hours and hours and hours for me to do it manually. 

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Duplicate Folders - Each being updated independently - Solutions?

MarcFellman
Explorer | Level 3

I recently upgraded from Personal Dropbox to Business Dropbox which created a Team Folder.  I accidentally created to seperate versions of a large folder (36 GB, 205 subfolders, and subfolders inside the subfolders) a week ago, and I just now realized it.  

Employee has been saving files and updating the version in the Team Folder.  I've been updating and saving the version in my Personal Folder.   So there are two versions in two locations each of which have different content.  99.9 % of the content is identical, it's the .1 % that is different than I need to sycronize.  

Is there a way to do it other than manually going through every single subfolder and file? Third party app? Other solutions? I'm sure this happens with some frequency...

Re: Duplicate Folders - Each being updated independently - Solutions?

Super User II
Super User II
Hi Marc

I'm afraid the only way to do this is manually :(

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?