cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Team Drive converted to personal

Explorer | Level 3

For years I have had a team drive of which I was the admin.  This morning, I was cleaning up files and deleting old members in preparation to add new, but somehow my team drive ended up being converted to a personal account.  Is there any way to resore it?

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Team Drive converted to personal

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @elliotc, thanks for messaging the Community!

Were you the admin of a free team, or a paid Dropbox Business team?

When you removed the team members, is it possible you also deleted the team in the process?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Jay,

Yes, I was the admin of a free team, and I think you are right...I must have accidentally deleted the team in the process.  Is there no way to get it back?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay.

Thank you for your response.

The best I can piece together is that since I have been a DropBox user for so long, at some point, as a bonus for inviting so many people in my organization to join, I was given a team upgrade. For a while, I received space upgrades, but I vaguely remember there being times that I was asked to “pilot” some of the new features. So, I think that’s how I came to have the equivalent of a free team account.

I am a curriculum coordinator in a public school district, and in trying to switch over our curriculum for the upcoming year, I think I must have accidentally deleted the entire team folder. I have read over the information on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q0LVVIhduwMgzraQryn8daVQuMTxHBAZbQSOyecKL0g/edit?ts=5ede3f15

I do not want, nor have I ever had, a DropBox Business team, but how can I get someone to check the history of my account and restore my deleted Free Team folder? I know for a fact that it was created before Feb, 2018.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @elliotc!

A free team is created when downgrading from a Business subscription, but also when you've tried out the free Business trial. Is it possible that you used the free trial instead?

This would be the only way for your account to become a free team, it's not something that we can enabled from our side.

For the team folder, can you just check in your sharing tab here and let me know if you can add the folder back to your account from there?

If you're not able to locate the folder there, or through a search in your Dropbox account, please let me know and we can look into this further through our Support channel.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?