cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Member Deletion

Team Member Deletion

steveg0666
New member | Level 2

I created a new Business Account and wanted to share a folder with a colleague I work with. They have their own Dropbox account.

Somehow they managed to become a Team member ( probably I did something wrong).. When I deleted them from the Team, it deleted their account and all their files...

I have restored them but how can I remove them from my account without deleting their entire account again

2 Replies 2

Re: Team Member Deletion

Mark
Super User II

Hi @steveg0666 

Does this help at all? https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/admin/delete-member 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Team Member Deletion

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @steveg0666, thanks for reaching out about this.

Since you restored this person to your team, now the best way to go about t, is to convert them to an individual account.

You'll find the steps on how to do this here.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?