cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Space - How can we access this feature?

Team Space - How can we access this feature?

Helpful | Level 5

We've read the help files about the "Team Space" feature. It appears to be a more robust form of Team Folders, with more granular access controls. 

We would love to have this feature - it would help our workflow tremendously. But the support article says it's only available to certain Dropbox Business customers.

What's the status of the Team Space feature? How can we get access? Is it being rolled out for everyone?

Thanks for any info. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Team Space - How can we access this feature?

Dropboxer

I'm sorry guys (@Adam B.9  & @jimssss), but as mentioned, I don't have anything more than this information to share at this moment. 

I'll pass your interest to our dev team and I'll make sure to update this thread once I have an update on this.

It goes without saying that I'm always here should you need anything else.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Dropboxer

Hey there Adam, how are you today?

Thanks for your interest in the latest version of our Dropbox for Business teams structure.

I'm not in the position to make any promise on this or provide a concrete time frame but we’re already in the process of making this available to all Dropbox teams, and will let you know when it becomes available to your team.

Thanks for your understanding and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hey, Walter - 

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Can you give ANY kind of time frame for the Team Space rollout? Days/Weeks/Months/Decades?

We’re ramping up for a big project, and the Team Space feature would be incredibly helpful. Any way we can get it via Early Access, or just by saying pretty please?  

Thanks again,

Adam

Collaborator | Level 8

+1

Dropboxer

I'm sorry guys (@Adam B.9  & @jimssss), but as mentioned, I don't have anything more than this information to share at this moment. 

I'll pass your interest to our dev team and I'll make sure to update this thread once I have an update on this.

It goes without saying that I'm always here should you need anything else.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Collaborator | Level 8

Hi Walter,

We're still very interested in looking at Team Spaces. In March you wrote, "we’re already in the process of making this available to all Dropbox teams, and will let you know when it becomes available to your team." Any update?

--Jim.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the nudge Jim!

I have good news this time as you can now do this if you've enrolled your team to early access features!

To initiate a migration to the new Dropbox team space, please follow the following instructions:

- Log into the Admin console and click Settings in the lefthand sidebar- Click "Early Access", located under the first section called "Account"- Under Features you should see the option for “Update to new team space"- Review the mentioned Help Center article and then click "Enroll"- At this point you will enter a migration portal, which will walk you through the details of your migration

As this new model changes the folder structure slightly you'll be prompted to confirm the top-level folders.

You will also be able to schedule the time of the migration. Please note that end users should not use Dropbox during the conversion, so you may wish to choose a date and time outside regular work hours for the migration to occur.

Once you have set up the details of your migration in the portal, the option to cancel it will be visible on the Early access tab. Please note that it is not possible to undo the migration once it's complete.

For further information please see this resource: 

https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/update-new-Dropbox-business

Let me know how it goes @jimssss!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Helpful | Level 5

This is exciting news! 

But... we don't see the Team Space feature listed among our available early access features. Just Dropbox Transfer and Image Text Recognition. 

Are we missing something, or has Team Space not been made available to us yet?

Dropboxer

Glad to hear you're excited about this Adam!

I'm sorry to say this but it's true that if you don't see this option under your "early access" tab, it means that it's not available to your team yet.

You'll receive an email (or two ) when the time comes though.

I wish I had a better reply than this. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Helpful | Level 5

I'm super confused and frustrated. Your previous post said "I have good news this time as you can now do this if you've enrolled your team to early access features!" That seems to state that EVERYONE can use Team Space thru the early access option. But I guess you were only saying that @jimssss can use that feature... not the rest of us. 

PLEASE explain to me why it's taking so long to roll out a feature that already existed for over a year. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?