cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The team name is on my Plus account. How do I leave it and how can I share the folders?

The team name is on my Plus account. How do I leave it and how can I share the folders?

Explorer | Level 4

I am working on a project with a friend and she invited me to join her team folder to make sharing files more efficient. I don't know what type of account she has.  I currently have a Pro account and am billed yearly for it. I just paid in August. Her team folder name is now at the head of my dropbox. Is there a way to be involved with the team without her team name at the head of my account? When I click on team members it show me as a member and an option to leave. Can I just remove myself from the team? I've read on this board that it may delete my account. Will it revert me to basic even though I just paid $120 for the year? I use my dropbox for various projects and it feels very unprofessional to have someone elses project name as my account heading.

Would the better way to work with her is just to share a folder? 

Thanks for any help you can give.

3 Replies 3

Re: dropbox team name on plus account

Dropboxer

Hi @jenny3672, I'd be happy to help!

If the folder doesn't exceed your own storage limit, then you can ask the other user to send it to you as a shared folder. 

Just to make sure that I have a better visual of this though, could you send me a screenshot of what your Plan tab shows?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.50.22 AM.png

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @jenny3672.

From the looks of it, you're part of a free team. In this case, you can leave it by following the steps below:

• Sign in to the website.
  • Click the button by your team name, which should read Groups and members or # members
  • If you don’t see this option, click your avatar (profile picture or initials) and click View team and groups.
  • Select Leave team.

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?