cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpossible to demand a certain folderstructure on company-level (using improved teamfolders)

Unpossible to demand a certain folderstructure on company-level (using improved teamfolders)

Explorer | Level 3

Yesterday I got granted access to the improved teamfolder feature, but it isn't what I expected.

I want my whole company (10 employees) to work with the same folder tree. But not every employee can have access to all of the folders. So I have a teamfolder called 'projects' and underneath are (for example) 5 current projects we're working on in different folders. In each project-folder, there are folders for 'media' 'sales' 'marketing' 'financial' (and more).

I want to give every employee access to the project folder, but not everyone should have access to the directory 'financial' inside a project. So I have to start from the lowest level to give access to certain groups...

But here comes the problem; if I do so, only the shared folder 'financial' for example appears in the root-folder of employee 'X'. So he/she has to manually create it's own folder structure to achieve something like the project-tree mentioned earlier. Because each project has its own 'financial' folder, which all share the same name ... that's a real pain in the ass! Now I've the login as each of the 10 employees, to manually share/create a folder tree. And for each new project of our company, I have to do this 10 times over again.. it's devious!

It would be much easier if I could grant access to all employees at top-level , and then exclude individual ones (or groups) from different folders below, like 'financial' or 'contracts'.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unpossible to demand a certain folderstructure on company-level (using improved teamfolders)

Dropboxer
Hey Brent,

Since that feature is still under Early Access, would you mind submitting this via the direct feedback button for that feature so it goes straight to our developers?

Anyone with 'Team Admin' privileges on your team can do this, they just need to:

1. Sign into their Team Admin account online
2. Open their Admin Console
3. Select 'Account' from the left hand menu
4. Click the Early Access tab on that page
5. Click the 'Send Feedback' button next to the feature listing

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what is and isn't working for your team!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Unpossible to demand a certain folderstructure on company-level (using improved teamfolders)

Dropboxer
Hey Brent,

Since that feature is still under Early Access, would you mind submitting this via the direct feedback button for that feature so it goes straight to our developers?

Anyone with 'Team Admin' privileges on your team can do this, they just need to:

1. Sign into their Team Admin account online
2. Open their Admin Console
3. Select 'Account' from the left hand menu
4. Click the Early Access tab on that page
5. Click the 'Send Feedback' button next to the feature listing

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what is and isn't working for your team!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?