cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User accounts under a current domain

User accounts under a current domain

jimk74
New member | Level 2

In the past - a dropbox tech would reach out and give updates on how many accounts we had under our domain - @xxxxx.com etc. Giving me visibility and how many users corporate wide we have using dropbox. looking to be able to gain that visibility now to help make some informed decisions about moving to dropbox for business. 

I reached out to my last contact at dropbox but received no reply. One sales rep said they can't do this on their end, but to try support. I am unable to figure out how to reach anyone at support. So trying this method.

Is there anyway to gain some visibility on how many users might have a dropbox account under our domain? It will help in moving discussions forward regarding a dropbox for business account so we can have visibility into these matters. 

2 Replies 2

Re: User accounts under a current domain

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @jimk74, I'd be happy to answer this for you!

If you're on a Business plan and have an admin on your team, you can always contact our support team using this link. 

Keep in mind that our team would be able to tell you how many members are part of your team. 

However, if you wanted to check how many Dropbox users are using your domain, that wouldn't be possible due to security risks. 

I hope this clarifies. If you need anything else, you know where to find us.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: User accounts under a current domain

jimk74
New member | Level 2

Ok - thanks.

It must have been something that was available in the past. We do not have a business account, we are looking at going. the last time - maybe 2-3 years ago, when we were looking, dropbox gave me stats. They could report to me - you have 367 dropbox accounts shown under @xxxx.com. These accounts contain 123456 files, etc. so it gave some insight and perspective to what we would be dealing with - if we have to merge etc these accounts into an enterprise account. It was helpful back then, now that we are looking at this again, I thought it would be helpful now.

thanks for the insight. Will look at other areas for going to enterprise or business accoutns now that the info is not available from inside.

thanks again

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jimk74 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?