cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User can't belong to multiple teams

User can't belong to multiple teams

Amy M.24
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I tried to add a team member for dropbox business, but I get the message that she cannot join bc she is part of another team. She works on both projects, and I need her to have access to these files. Why can't someone be part of multiple teams?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Amy

Dropbox accounts are currently limited by email addresses and inviting someone to join a Dropbox Business team will require that account to have an email address associated to it. If her existing email address is already in use for another account, then it won't be possible to invite her.

You can ask her to setup a new account and have it being used for your team. She won't be able to sync it on her desktop client but she can use the web interface to receive and share material using Dropbox.

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Amy

Dropbox accounts are currently limited by email addresses and inviting someone to join a Dropbox Business team will require that account to have an email address associated to it. If her existing email address is already in use for another account, then it won't be possible to invite her.

You can ask her to setup a new account and have it being used for your team. She won't be able to sync it on her desktop client but she can use the web interface to receive and share material using Dropbox.

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Carsten L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Sounds to me like the end of Dropbox. Sad.

Jason T.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It's a workaround but you could just share the folders in the same way you normally would with the user rather than adding them to your account. 

Joe S.50
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I don't know about being the end of DropBox but I think this is a limitation that needs to be rectified.  There are many valid reasons to be a member of two or more accounts.

Bigdayz D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

That's the biggest crap ever. If I have multiple freelancers working various customer projects they can't possibly open 50 email accounts to be part of 50 different projects on customer side.

How do you guys envision this thing works? Shall our folks then have email addresses like all the scam accounts out here? Vanessa74@somedomain.com?

I don't get it. This architecture is not well thought through.

Even woth business accounts this won't work, if this would be your use case to make money.!

cilamacd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hoping for a solution.

I have the same problem, but i tried to fix it deleting my first team to be part of the second team,

and i still being denied with mesage that i am belonging to other team. 

It is very frustrated,  I am the one, at my team, with the bigest acount on dropbox, because i paid it to have more space, and now i am the only one of my coleagues who cannot work on that team.  

CmacD

ifeltsweet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Registered here just to say this is bloody stupid design from Dropbox engineers. What were you thinking?

PeterKatara
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Question related to this: when I remove a person from a dropbox business account, I can't add it imediately to another dropbox business account. Is it even possible to add this person to another account? If so, can you indicate what the delay time is? Thanks

AngryCitizen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'd like an answer to this as well please. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Fiona Dropbox Staff
    AngryCitizen New member | Level 2
    PeterKatara Explorer | Level 3
    ifeltsweet New member | Level 2
    cilamacd New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?