cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using business account with non-team members

Using business account with non-team members

New member | Level 2

We have the standard business account with 3 users.  Our organization uses freelancers.  I would like my freelancers to begin sending me their expense receipts via Dropbox.  Currently they will email them to me, mail them via USPS or drop them in the office.  I would like all of their receipts to be accumulated in the same manner - through DropBox.  I do not want to add all of these external freelancers to our account.  What would be the best way for me to obtain their receipts?  Some thoughts I have was to have them set up their own personal (non-business) account.  I thought I would have them create a shared folder that they would share with our business account.  I am thinking this would allow me to go into their folder and retrieve the receipts and pull them into my Dropbox business account.  Does this make sense? Am I am making this too complicated?  Is there an easier way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using business account with non-team members

Super User II

A shared folder as you described would work, or you could send them a File Request, which doesn't require them to have an account, and they wouldn't be able to see the other files that are submitted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super User II

A shared folder as you described would work, or you could send them a File Request, which doesn't require them to have an account, and they wouldn't be able to see the other files that are submitted.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich!

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?