cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing the files column on team folders

Viewing the files column on team folders

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I want to confirm, but it seems that our users are not able to see the number of files that are in their respected Team Folders. The "Files" column only appears as an option when I view the folder in the Admin Console. 

Is this the case or is there a work around?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Re: Viewing the files column on team folders

Dropboxer

Hey Samuel, would you mind including two side-by-side screenshots of what you’re viewing on your end & what your team members are seeing (omitting personal info), so as to ensure I’m following-up with you correctly? Thanks & I'm looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hey Jane. Sure no problem. I could send you what I see. Again the option only appears when I view the Team Folder for the Admin Console. If possible we would like to have our users be able to see the number of files in a Team Folder through their own interface if at all possible. Thanks!

User interfaceUser interfaceAdmin ConsoleAdmin Console

Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying @Samuel_Ayoko; that’s some great feedback indeed! While your team members should be able to see how many items they’ve stored in their Team Folder on their device, I now have a clearer understanding of what you had in mind initially. 

I’ve already made a note of your comments in my report internally & I appreciate the time you devoted to outline me your thoughts. Our Community Wall is always open to your feedback or questions, so feel free to drop us a line here; we’re just a post away. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & have a wonderful rest of your ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?