cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

The Dropbox Community is the place to learn how Dropbox Business can work for you, with Business users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Want to join business account without sharing email domain

Explorer | Level 4

I work for a company with *domain a* email. My team, files, etc are backed up under this dropbox team. We want to join our parent company's dropbox team *domain b*. They have dropbox business but different email domain. We are a part of their company but just have different emails are already established as our own sub-team. How do I become a part of the parent company's team???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Want to join business account without sharing email domain

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @arc000001. Welcome to our Ccommunity and have a nice week! 

The domains you are using should not be a problem at all. Your admin can offboard users or merge the whole team to another team, easily. There are two ways your Team Admin can do this: 

1) Team Admins can offboard/remove specific members, along with their content, and revert them back to individual accounts. You can forward these steps to your admin. You can then be invited to the other team with the same email address you were using and your files. 

2)Admins can merge their whole team structure and members with another team, following the steps here

Let me know if this comment was helpful. Thanks! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @arc000001. Welcome to our Ccommunity and have a nice week! 

The domains you are using should not be a problem at all. Your admin can offboard users or merge the whole team to another team, easily. There are two ways your Team Admin can do this: 

1) Team Admins can offboard/remove specific members, along with their content, and revert them back to individual accounts. You can forward these steps to your admin. You can then be invited to the other team with the same email address you were using and your files. 

2)Admins can merge their whole team structure and members with another team, following the steps here

Let me know if this comment was helpful. Thanks! 

Fiona

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Yes this was very helpful, but, our Dropbox Business trial has ended. We just want to be absorbed into our parent company's business account. We did a dropbox business trial but are still a seperate "team". So, it has said the admin console is unavaiable because we are no longer a business account. What can I do next? Thank you in advance

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I got you! 

Follow the steps here to leave the free team

Fiona

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?