cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are on the Advanced plan for business team - do we really have unlimited storage?

We are on the Advanced plan for business team - do we really have unlimited storage?

SamuriDJs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I hope I'm doing this correctly as I am new to this but - have I misunderstood something? The reason I'm paying the $75.00 a month is for unlimited storage for my partners and I to have space to store the gigantic wav libraries we tend to accumulate producing various music projects.

Did all of us misread something or is the Dropbox unlimited storage similar to your phone carrier's unlimited data. If that is the case I think $75.00 is an astronomical amount of money to be paying for only 3TB. That's highway robbery! Apple costs less per TB.

We initially read seperatley then together all the info provided and came to the conclusion that unlimited storage means unlimited storage. I remember reading about 3TB but we would be given more as needed. 

If there is a part of the guide I misread or the help section or something that anyone knows about it would mean the world. Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you have the Business Advanced or Enterprise package then it is unlimited storage, but you only get 3TB to start. You need to send a request in to Support to increase your storage as you get close to your current limit. Dropbox does this to make sure you're fully utilizing the space that you already have before adding more.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you have the Business Advanced or Enterprise package then it is unlimited storage, but you only get 3TB to start. You need to send a request in to Support to increase your storage as you get close to your current limit. Dropbox does this to make sure you're fully utilizing the space that you already have before adding more.

Vittaldas
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does it means we need to pay extra money when we cross 3TB storage limit?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Vittaldas, to re-iterate Rich’s reply above, our Business Advanced & Enterprise plans have access to unlimited storage, therefore in case you’re an admin, all you need to do is contact our Support team through your admin console if you’d like us to bump up your space. 

Hopefully this addresses your storage-specific question, though I’m always here in case you’d like me to clarify in more detail, just let me know & I’ll follow-up with you as closely as possible. Happy Monday!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Vittaldas
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Jane. Understood that Dropbox will bump up the storage. I would like to know this will be at the same cost of $75 per month. Would like to know more clearly before i go for this plan. Could you be more specific in explaining this to me so that i will be sure of my plan?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Apologies for the slight delay in replying back to you Vittaldas. That’s just right, hence you should be good to go with the Advanced plan, regardless of your billing schedule. Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Vittaldas the best thing to do is speak to sales at www.dropbox.com/business as they are best set to help you instead of within the Support arena 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Vittaldas Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?