cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

We're trying to backup our 1TB NAS to Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Our company NAS QNAP system needs a backup solution. It looks like DropBox Business might be a solution. There is a 1TB folder which I have run tests on to do the backup but it is extreeeeeeemmmmmely SLOW. I broke the folders down to be a smaller bacup but the same issue. Questions: Why is it slow? Is this not the right solutions?

FBCMike

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: NAS backup to Dropbox - 1TB

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @FBCMike, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, I'll jjst need a bit more info, such as:

• How are you uploading the items to the Dropbox account? Via the website or the desktop app?
  • If you're using the desktop app, do you have the Dropbox folder located in your NAS?

Any additional details would be very helpful. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am using Dropbox web version. The job is created in NAS myQNAPCloud using the Cloud Drive Sync. The setup and connection to Dropbox does work but it is extremely slow. There is 1 TB to backup but I started off with one folder. After 24 hours it still had not backed up even half the data.

It looks from the forums this is a solution others are using. Just very much need to address this issue.

Thank you for any assistance.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @FBCMike

The speed could be affected by a number of factors, including the third party app you're using to upload the files, and the network itself.

Out of curiosity, how large is the folder and how many files/item does it have in it?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?