cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the "Disconnected" member status mean on the admin console?

What does the "Disconnected" member status mean on the admin console?

Advanced Collaborator | Level 16

Hello

I have a couple of questions about Dropbox Business member status.

When you go to Admin Console>Member, you will see a dropdown menu for "Member type" on the right. 

1. What does "Disconnected" status mean?
  2. If you are "suspended", what will actually happen when you try to log into your account? 

Thank you.

Meg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Business Member Status

Dropboxer
Hey Meg (@jazzmeg1), happy March (:tulip:) & thanks for checking in on the Dropbox Community on this inquiry! 

To answer your questions, disconnected members are those users that have had their Dropbox account converted from the Business to a personal account away from the team. From there, if a user has been suspended, they’ll receive an email letting them know of the change & (if they’ve attempted to sign in or create a new account in the meantime) they’ll also see error messages informing them of their current status. Kindly bear in mind that when an account is suspended, all of the files are still safe within the team account & the admin has the choice to reinstate or delete its contents. 

Hopefully my message answers your queries & please do let me know on this discussion if you have further questions about any of the above. Have a lovely Friday ahead until we talk again Meg!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Dropboxer
Hey Meg (@jazzmeg1), happy March (:tulip:) & thanks for checking in on the Dropbox Community on this inquiry! 

To answer your questions, disconnected members are those users that have had their Dropbox account converted from the Business to a personal account away from the team. From there, if a user has been suspended, they’ll receive an email letting them know of the change & (if they’ve attempted to sign in or create a new account in the meantime) they’ll also see error messages informing them of their current status. Kindly bear in mind that when an account is suspended, all of the files are still safe within the team account & the admin has the choice to reinstate or delete its contents. 

Hopefully my message answers your queries & please do let me know on this discussion if you have further questions about any of the above. Have a lovely Friday ahead until we talk again Meg!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Advanced Collaborator | Level 16

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the quick response.

It was really helpful.

Thanks again.

Meg

Dropboxer

Sure, anytime Meg (@jazzmeg1)! I’m always around, so feel free to ping me back again in case you have more questions in the future! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Disconnected members

Collaborator | Level 8

I have a prior employee who we 'disconnected' when she left the company over a year ago. She is still listed as 'disconnected' on the members list. Is there any reason to maintain this listing, and if not, any way to remove it?

Re: Disconnected members

Dropboxer
Hey Jim (@jimssss), thanks for checking in with us here. I haven’t talked to you in a while; I hope you’ve had a great Friday so far! 

For starters, I’ve moved your post under this discussion here, just in order to ping you on my post above. From there, let me quickly re-iterate that disconnected members are those users that have had their Dropbox account converted from the Business to a personal account away from the team. 

This is merely a view you could utilize for tracking purposes Jim, as you can create an Activity Report from there, however kindly note that there isn’t currently a way to disable this listing. 

Hopefully my message sheds a bit of light & please do let me know here if you have more questions or thoughts on the matter!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Collaborator | Level 8

Hi Jane,

Thanks, I thought as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Cheers!

Dropboxer
Indeed, it was a great question & it's always a pleasure working with you. Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead Jim (@jimssss)!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?