cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the live chat support for business admins?

Where is the live chat support for business admins?

Helpful | Level 6

Seriously - where in hades have they hidden it? Another wonderful innovation to improve support and client (dis) satisfaction.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where is the live chat support for business admins?

Super User II
Unfortunately we cant help jcarch - we are users the same as you.

Do you have any ticket numbers available though?

www.dropbox.com/team/admin is where you should get the help info as well if you can.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

Hello fine people,

I work for Dropbox and was able to look up this payment. We do not discuss personally identifiable information in public forums such as this one, but can only reiterate that 1TB of space indicates that you are looking for a Dropbox Pro account, not a Dropbox Business account. I have replied in that ticket instead.

We cannot currently offer chat or phone support to Dropbox Pro users, so that'll be why you can't see an option to chat or phone in.

For everyone who has a charge on their credit card that they can't explain, Mark's answer was spot on. Please check out https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/9205 first and take a close look at the spelling. Unfortunately, second email addresses or even typos are the most common causes for this confusion.

If you do pay for a Dropbox Business account and you'd like live support, you'll find that in your admin console at https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/team/admin/help, where you can chat or phone us. We're online most of the time, especially in English, and we'll get back to you within a working day if you are writing in from the admin console.

Hope this answers your questions!

10 Replies 10

Super User II

oitconz wrote:

Seriously - where in hades have they hidden it? Another wonderful innovation to improve support and client (dis) satisfaction.

It's hidden in your Admin console in a place that most people would never think to look...

Click on "Help"

New member | Level 2
Guess what Rich - it aint there for me either. So are you going to continue sarcastic or actually do something useful?

Further more the pillocks running help desk dont answer questions, are rude, refuse to provide support and 6 weeks later I still have no resolution to the issue. The dropbox help(sic) system is seriously flawed.

Check out all the other posts with people as frustrated as I and the poster you showed such disrespect to have written saying. I've paid hundreds of dollars and have NO SPACE and NO SUPPORT and NO HELP.

Super User II
Unfortunately we cant help jcarch - we are users the same as you.

Do you have any ticket numbers available though?

www.dropbox.com/team/admin is where you should get the help info as well if you can.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helpful | Level 6
Ticket #5222564: Paid for data not supplied. - not answered two days later. what the hell are we paying money for if we cant get service or support?

Ticket #5218011: Quota not added

support+id5083030@dropbox.zendesk.com

and a few others.

I've had my client email and send messages as himself, Ive done the same on his behalf.

6 weeks of no support or help. Just dumb ass answers asking questions which have all been answered before.

Helpful | Level 6
THe problem with the help system is it guides you through questions and when you dont have an answer you need never lets you add a new ticket. THat's just more of their maze of befuddlement and pushing away from actually doing their jobs to answer.

For example - where in the help system is a question like I;ve paid my sign up and you have taken my money and havent put the 1TB of data on my quota found? No where so when the help system fails it gives you no way to go - "oh crap we have had no success so lets have you chat, phone, email or contact us."

It's like apples help(sic) system. designed to stop you contacting someone and that is the definition of bad service.

Super User II
A 1TB account? If so you've set up a Pro account which is why you cannot see the information Rich gave - because phone/live support is only available for Business accounts.

In terms of support I cannot comment I'm afraid, but, I'd suggest checking via www.dropbox.com/help/9205 to see which account was upgraded from your card - its possible, and not uncommon, that the wrong account was upgraded.

Also, keep an eye on http:confused face:/dropbox.zendesk.com for your tickets and dont, as tempting as it is, submit multiple ones as that just slows things down.

- - -

New member | Level 2
There is a bus account and a pro account both have issues. No support.
12 bus hours is BS.
They lie about their SLA
they don't answer tickets.

6 weeks. Money paid. No resolution. It's BS.

Dropboxer

Hello fine people,

I work for Dropbox and was able to look up this payment. We do not discuss personally identifiable information in public forums such as this one, but can only reiterate that 1TB of space indicates that you are looking for a Dropbox Pro account, not a Dropbox Business account. I have replied in that ticket instead.

We cannot currently offer chat or phone support to Dropbox Pro users, so that'll be why you can't see an option to chat or phone in.

For everyone who has a charge on their credit card that they can't explain, Mark's answer was spot on. Please check out https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/9205 first and take a close look at the spelling. Unfortunately, second email addresses or even typos are the most common causes for this confusion.

If you do pay for a Dropbox Business account and you'd like live support, you'll find that in your admin console at https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/team/admin/help, where you can chat or phone us. We're online most of the time, especially in English, and we'll get back to you within a working day if you are writing in from the admin console.

Hope this answers your questions!

Helpful | Level 6
You need to get your people to look into their support systems. They are either non existent or totally useless.

I called the sales line for Nz Dropbox today. It tells us if we are a bus user we will have a dedicated manager. Then it tells us to bugger off and go use online chat or forums. all the options - including trying to buy bus or enterprise edition drop box end up in the same situation - sending you to online chat (which sucks if you are trying to buy and aren't a user already) and sucks if you re a bus user as it isn't working to get a resolution

Emailing back to tickets - like this one doesn't work. See our experience below - the MX records are stuffed as amazon cloud front services mess up returned emails to help desk. Another strike for getting support.

----------8< --- Begin snip

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s:disappointed face:

Failed Recipient: community@dropboxforum.com
Reason: Remote host said: 601 Failed to connect to the recipients mail server. No MX records were found for the 'dropboxforum.com' domain.
Status: 544 5.4.4 Host not found (not in DNS).Attempted to send the message to the following ip's:

-- The header and top 20 lines of the message follows --

----->8 - end snip ---
So replying to tikets or forums doesn't work.

We finally got someone on the phone - 2o minutes waiting listening to crap music on an international call before getting a person to talk to.
She was useless. We told her we wanted the account to be reverted to pro account and the 1TB of data we paid for (details given) actually credited to the account.
She emailed to say we want to cancel the account and not get a refund. How frickin dumb was she - well it took multiple times saying the same thing over and over for her to then completely foul it up anyway.

And then the answers here. Without being rude - your answer was no **bleep** help - just like every other thing said her.e If you drop box people put 1 ounce of energy into resolving this by actually CALLING US AND TALKING TO US AND READING THE **bleep** TICKETS then this would have been resolved six weeks ago.

My client has now told me to tell drop box to get **bleep**ed - we will take out business else where - and by the way we better get a refund.!!!!!!

Summary:
Sales line - dosent work
Help cal line - doesnt work
Tickets - dont work
forum doest work
Chat - doesnt work
Emails to help desk - dont work
Staff we have actually talked to - useless - worse than not working - actually trying to take out money and leave us with nothing.

Summary DROPBOX = USELESS!!!!!!!!!
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?