Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get a refund for my subscription?

FROMSFWITHLOVE
Explorer | Level 3

I was told Dropbox does not issue refunds. 

I have no idea where to complain or get help that would actually be helpful in this situation. 

I signed up to try out the business account back in may/june. 

But my mother became very ill and then passed away. 

I am just now picking up the pieces of my life, and noticed I was billed $300

I thought worse case scenario that I had been paying for this monthly.

The advertised rates are very misleading too. 

This is wrong! They should at least adjust it to bill me monthly. 

And who even would know about the 2 license minimum. 

This is robbery, and can't be ok. 

I'm sure there are many others complaining, and at some point can turn into a huge legal issue. 

I feel extremely angry about this, and taken advantage of during a terrible time. 

How can such a big company do this to people/their clients?

6 Replies 6

Re: NO REFUNDS?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hello,

We're sorry to hear about your loss.

Please feel free to contact us directly from your account and we will be able to assist you further.

You can find Help page in your Admin Console.

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

Super User II
Super User II

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Unfortunately, no one here on the forums can help. This is primarily a user supported forum and we're unable to assist with billing related issues. And while a Dropboxer does reply on occasion, they still can't handle billing or account related issues on a public forum. You'll need to contact Support. If you do have a Dropbox for Business account, you have access to phone support. The phone number and required PIN can be found in your admin console under Help. Otherwise, open a ticket.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

FROMSFWITHLOVE
Explorer | Level 3

I already contacted support and that is what I was told. 

Basically no exceptions. 

All that they offered me was to take me off of auto renew, so I don't get billed again next year. 

FROMSFWITHLOVE
Explorer | Level 3

It does no good to contact support, I did, and there's no way of filing an official complaint or taking it further. 

They basically said if you had canceled it sooner, well yeah I understand that. But under the circumstances, I wasn't thinking about dropbox. 

They can see that I've barely used my account, and there is only one user, who does not need two licenses at $150 a pop.

And when they changed me $300 they didn't email a receipt, it's only visible when you login to your account. 

Shady!

No exceptions, they've taken the money, and all their fine print covers them legally to not give a refund.

I'm shocked and am gonna spread the word. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi, 

I'm very sorry for you loss, you have our deepest sympathies. I also completely understand the frustration that this has caused and apologise for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we don't provide refunds as this is our policy. I'd be happy to ensure that your account has been marked to no longer renew its subscription if you could reply to the most recent email our agents sent to you. 

FROMSFWITHLOVE
Explorer | Level 3

That has already been done.

And there is no new email from an agent. 

No need to reply, it's pointless. 

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?