cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows desktop application does not open with a linked pro and teams account

Windows desktop application does not open with a linked pro and teams account

nleader
Explorer | Level 3

I have the new Dropbox experienced installed and it was working great with my Dropbox Pro account.  I recently joined my work team's Dropbox with the same Pro account, and now the desktop app won't launch. 

I can still access my Dropbox files through the windows explorer (old way) but would love to use the desktop experience. 

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

7 Replies 7

Re: Windows desktop application does not open with a linked pro and teams account

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @nleader, thanks for joining the Community!

If you’ve able to access the new Dropbox desktop application before you joined the team, then it’s possible that the team admin hasn’t opted the team into the new app.

Could you check if the admin has enabled this in the admin console here?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Windows desktop application does not open with a linked pro and teams account

nleader
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jay!  Thanks for the fast reply.  I was able to get admin console access, but couldn't find where to "opt in" to the new desktop experience.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled dropbox, but it still defaults to the old experience.  To note, we are currently on a trial.

do you know where in the admin console I can "opt in" to the new experience for the team?

Rich
Super User II

@nleader wrote:

do you know where in the admin console I can "opt in" to the new experience for the team?

If you follow the link that Jay included in his reply, it takes you directly to the page.

To note, we are currently on a trial.

It's likely that the option isn't available while you're on a trial.

nleader
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there - when I click the link, it says "admin console page not available" or a similar error.  We aren't on trial anymore.

Any other ideas for how to get the new dropbox experience?

Jay
Dropboxer

If you’re not on the trial any more, does that mean you downgraded your account, or you’re on a paid Dropbox Business team?

Are you the team admin on the account? Only the team admin would be able to access that page on the admin console.

You can see who your admin is from here, and also confirm what plan you have on this page.

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nleader
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay -

We have a DBX Advanced for Business plan and I am the admin.  I tried once more and confirmed that when I click your original link to enable the desktop app the error I receive is: "unknown admin console page".

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Nick

Jay
Dropboxer

Try contacting the support team directly via email from the help tab on the admin console, since they might need to look into this in more detail.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    nleader Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?