cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xmarks Stopped Working in Firefox 56

Xmarks Stopped Working in Firefox 56

Explorer | Level 3

HI,

Firefox just updated itself to version 56.0, and where my Xmarks add-on was working prior, now it does not. The icon is grayed-out and when I select "Synchronize Now", the little sync window pops up, but nothing happens and it locks up my browser to the point that I have to restart it. I am aware that there is supposed to be some new add-on functionality in Firefox v57+, but that would not appear to be the problem in this case.

Does anyone have any insight into what the issue could be? Even better, anyone know a fix?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xmarks Stopped Working in Firefox 56

Dropboxer
Hey kevinmanuel, thanks for posting on the Dropbox Forum on this matter! 

I’m unsure how the behavior you’ve described pertains to your Dropbox account, hence I’m just reaching back out out, so as to check how this affects you in regards to Dropbox. Any detail you could share would be very helpful, so as to determine the case. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & I’ll be awaiting your next reply here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dropboxer
Hey kevinmanuel, thanks for posting on the Dropbox Forum on this matter! 

I’m unsure how the behavior you’ve described pertains to your Dropbox account, hence I’m just reaching back out out, so as to check how this affects you in regards to Dropbox. Any detail you could share would be very helpful, so as to determine the case. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & I’ll be awaiting your next reply here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Super User II

As @Jane alluded to, this won't be a Dropbox issue as Xmarks doesn't use Dropbox to sync.

For the moment, Xmarks works just fine with Firefox 56. I've been using it for months without issues. If you're having a problem synchronizing, you'll need to reach out to Xmarks/LastPass for assistance.

That being said, you might want to prepare for it to stop working soon. The service is being shutdown on May 1st.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?