cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notification when any new Stable build is pushed

email notification when any new Stable build is pushed

Explorer | Level 4

How can I be added to an email notification list when a stable build is pushed?  My app/client has issues and stops syncing when these updates are automatically pushed and sometimes I don't notice it until a day or days have passed.  I need my sync to run 24/7.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: email notification when any new Stable build is pushed

Dropboxer

Hey @Longhorn, you could subscribe to the RSS feed on the Desktop Client Builds here (it should be on the elipsis icon on the top-right on your page), so as to get notified on the software updates. I'm interested in following-up on the syncing isssue you've mentioned though; can you share a bit more info in regards to what seems to be troubling you? Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer

Hey @Longhorn, you could subscribe to the RSS feed on the Desktop Client Builds here (it should be on the elipsis icon on the top-right on your page), so as to get notified on the software updates. I'm interested in following-up on the syncing isssue you've mentioned though; can you share a bit more info in regards to what seems to be troubling you? Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply @Jane

I will give that a try.  I would like to know when an update is being pushed.  It seems they happen around Wednesday evening?

What I have noticed is that when there is a Dropbox update, it causes my desktop app to stop and I manually have to restart it.  This happened going from 56.4.94 to 59.4.93 and again now with update 60.4.107.  When I remote into my machine that is running 24/7 (and I do not log out, I just disconnect, I notice that the app is usually running, but then I catch it where it has not sync'd for a day or more, and the common theme is that a new version has been pushed, so I have to manually start the app again.

Helpful | Level 7

What kind of computer is this? 

If it's a Mac, I have a script which runs via `launchd` that checks to make sure that Dropbox is running, and launches it if it isn't. It can be run as often as you want. I have it run every hour, but you could have it run every minute if you want to make _really_ sure that it doesn't go very long without running.

If it's Windows or Linux, well, you're on your own 

Explorer | Level 4

It is Windows.

Super User II

Google. You'll find a lot of posts that talk about how to check for a running process and launch it if not running. You can use Task Scheduler to run it as often as required.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?