cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

invite to a pro account but I have never registered with that email for an account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I was invited to a business account with an email I havent registered for a dropbox account yet. I wantet to create an account with this email but now I cant do so anymore because it is said the email is already registered for an account. How can I set up an account now with this email? I assume it is already in the system because my client invited me to her business account to share documents with me. The problem is, that another clients folder is in that account now too. I gave the other client only my business email and she has sent the shared the folder with me over that email address.

Do you understand what I mean? So sorry if this might be a dumb question, I am totally new and just cant find the answer.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: invite to a pro account but I have never registered with that email for an account

Super User II
Super User II

@Eileen2211 wrote:

I assume it is already in the system because my client invited me to her business account to share documents with me.

It's not because she invited you using that email address. Sending an invite to an email address that doesn't yet have an account won't create an account automatically. It simply means that at some point an account was registered using that email address.

You can sign into the account, resetting the password if needed, and you should be able to accept the invitation from your client.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?