cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link sharing from Mac folders stopped working

link sharing from Mac folders stopped working

New member | Level 2

Hi since the update of a new computer, my link sharing and smat sync option no longer works. 

I searched the forum where it said to disable Extensions in FINDER such as creative cloud which I did.  I rebooted.  I re-installed the dropbox software too but no luck. 

I use the smart sync and link sharing everyday, and arguably the only reason I use dropbox business.  please can you provde a update that works or a workaround until thats done. 

cheers

Christian 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: link sharing from Mac folders stopped working

Dropboxer
Hey Christian (@elliott101), I appreciate your detailed post of what you’re currently experiencing & I’ll try to follow-up a bit more closely on the issue you’re facing from where you’ve left off! 

Now, it does indeed seem like the latest OS update may have interfered with the Dropbox update & the installation hasn’t been carried correctly (since you mentioned that you’re currently missing some features), therefore I’d like to suggest following these steps to run an Advanced re-install to see if this amends the Dropbox-specific behavior on your Mac. 

Once you do, all functionality should return to normal for you, as this type of re-installation will reset any previous configuration & settings, so you’ll be given the opportunity to start from scratch. 

Please let me know here of the outcome or findings & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks in advance for taking the time to try my suggestions! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: link sharing from Mac folders stopped working

Dropboxer
Hey Christian (@elliott101), I appreciate your detailed post of what you’re currently experiencing & I’ll try to follow-up a bit more closely on the issue you’re facing from where you’ve left off! 

Now, it does indeed seem like the latest OS update may have interfered with the Dropbox update & the installation hasn’t been carried correctly (since you mentioned that you’re currently missing some features), therefore I’d like to suggest following these steps to run an Advanced re-install to see if this amends the Dropbox-specific behavior on your Mac. 

Once you do, all functionality should return to normal for you, as this type of re-installation will reset any previous configuration & settings, so you’ll be given the opportunity to start from scratch. 

Please let me know here of the outcome or findings & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks in advance for taking the time to try my suggestions! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?