cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my dropbox bussiness subscription affect another team member account

my dropbox bussiness subscription affect another team member account

Explorer | Level 3

hello! please help me with explanation why my dropbox bussiness subscription affect another person's account (team member) that has already make subscription for dropbox pro just because i included him in my team folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: my dropbox bussiness subscription affect another team member account

Super User II

If they have their own Pro subscription then they are not a member of your Dropbox for Business Team. You've likely just shared a folder with them. Folders shared with people outside of your Business Team will still count against their storage quota.

If they were invited to join your Business Team they would take up one of your licenses. Also, their Pro subscription would end and they would receive a partial refund. Their account at that point would basically be owned and controlled by the business.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: my dropbox bussiness subscription affect another team member account

Super User II

If they have their own Pro subscription then they are not a member of your Dropbox for Business Team. You've likely just shared a folder with them. Folders shared with people outside of your Business Team will still count against their storage quota.

If they were invited to join your Business Team they would take up one of your licenses. Also, their Pro subscription would end and they would receive a partial refund. Their account at that point would basically be owned and controlled by the business.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?