cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

organizating files for different access

organizating files for different access

New member | Level 2

I want to have two members, but one of them only able to access one file at the top level and the other everything. So I'd have one personal folder and two business folders. How do I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I set access to different folders for different team members?

Dropboxer

Hey there @IAPSrocks  - sorry for the tardy response, are you still having issues with this?

I was able to find your other post here on our Community and merged it with your new one to keep all of your queries under one place.

When it comes to your concern now, your best bet would be to have an extra layer of folders and utilize (company managed preferably in this case) groups or even permissions to sharing for team members to achieve that.

If you need more account specific assistance with this or in case I'm missing something here, please let me know and I'll reach out via email to your Dropbox associated address to work on it together. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

How do I set access to different folders for different team members?

New member | Level 2

I want my assistant (team member) to access all, but the marketing associate (team member) to only access one folder and not be able to see all the other folders. The marketing associate's one folder is good to go, but how I do I set up another folder that she won't see to move all the files from my personal folder into that second business folder? (Just upgraded to business with teams level...) Your help stuff covers edit versus can't edit, but I need access versus not access with two different folders in play.

Re: How do I set access to different folders for different team members?

Dropboxer

Hey there @IAPSrocks  - sorry for the tardy response, are you still having issues with this?

I was able to find your other post here on our Community and merged it with your new one to keep all of your queries under one place.

When it comes to your concern now, your best bet would be to have an extra layer of folders and utilize (company managed preferably in this case) groups or even permissions to sharing for team members to achieve that.

If you need more account specific assistance with this or in case I'm missing something here, please let me know and I'll reach out via email to your Dropbox associated address to work on it together. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?