cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Super Admin" / more Admin roles

"Super Admin" / more Admin roles

Helpful | Level 5

Is it possible to define one admin which cannot be deleted / changed by other admins? I would like to give admin rights to a couple of employees in our company which should can control right management etc. but I want to ensure no one can delete me as an admin when leaving the company.

Is there any solution? Something like a "super admin" or a bit more differentiated admin right management? Every simple forum software in the 1990s had a feature like that. If this isn't possible, I can't move our file storage to dropbox with a clear conscience.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Super Admin" / more Admin roles

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know about this and sorry to hear our current Admin roles won't work for you as you are right indeed when you say that other Team Admins would be able to remove you should you acquire the same permissions and user management admins aren't able to tamper with folder permissions whatsoever - in the way you mention at least. 

I will pass your comments to the team though as a possible feature request for another Admin role other than the currently existing ones.

If there's anything else I can do to help in the meantime, just let me know!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer

Hey @dbuser1987 - thanks for reaching out about this!

This is actually an existing feature on some of our Dropbox for Business plans already!  If you are the team admin on an Advancedor Enterprise Dropbox Business plan, you can designate other admins as team admins, user management admins, or support admins. On a Standard team, all admins have the access of a team admin.

You can see more about the Tiered admin roles and how to change admin permissions on this page.

I hope this information helps and I remain at your disposal should you need anything else!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5
Thanks for your quick response. But when I designate other users as team admins, they have the same permissions and could remove me as team admin as well, right?

On the other hand, a user management admin isn‘t able to change folder permissions?

What I actually need is an admin role which can do that but can‘t manage the whole account including organization settings like billing, admin roles,...

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know about this and sorry to hear our current Admin roles won't work for you as you are right indeed when you say that other Team Admins would be able to remove you should you acquire the same permissions and user management admins aren't able to tamper with folder permissions whatsoever - in the way you mention at least. 

I will pass your comments to the team though as a possible feature request for another Admin role other than the currently existing ones.

If there's anything else I can do to help in the meantime, just let me know!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

I also need this. It would be really helpful to add a custom admin role that we can assign permissions to. 

Being able to assign admin permissions to each of the actions in the table on this page https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/business/change-admin-rights

would make my life so much easier.

Dropboxer
Welcome to our community, @OrikNZ

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this. I’m adding your comments to my feedback report, and sending them on to the team.

Have a great week 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?