cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your plan has scheduled changes that will cause your Dropbox to become full." Message

"Your plan has scheduled changes that will cause your Dropbox to become full." Message

Limewire
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I have Dropbox business, which has unlimted storage.

I just noticed the following message in red appear in the billing section of the admin console:

"Your plan has scheduled changes that will cause your Dropbox to become full."

I also get an out of space erro message on the desktop app.

What does this message mean?

I assumed that when my account approaches full, an additional 1TB is automatically added, but in this case hasn't been added so Dropbox thinks the space is full? Does uploading files over a weekend have a bearing on this (i.e. the 1TB additional space needs to be approved by a human who is at work duing weekdays only?)

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Limewire 

You need to request space increases via support - so while you may be on an unlimited plan you need to get them to batch increase it for you. Somebody will be able to do that on Monday if you contact support. 

I'd also just double check your account is up to date in terms of payments 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Limewire
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your reply @Mark 

I currently have almost 30TB of files on my account, and have never had to contact support to increase the storage space, it just usually adds another 1TB space when it's approacing full. Perhaps it will update on Monday and another 1TB will be added?

Account is up to date in terms of payments.

Mark
Super User II

I wonder if there is a cap on it? 

I am not aware of it ever being automated (or I wonder if it was automated to a set level?), or, somebody was doing it manually via a report?

I cannot see why it would wait till Monday, unless it was a person doing it. 

I'd be tempted to log a ticket and ask.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jasonphillipstx
New member | Level 2

I too just got the message. The limit has always automatically expanded until now. Almost 30TB at this point.

jasonphillipstx_0-1671373854162.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jasonphillipstx New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Limewire Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?