cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2022 cheat sheet with Dropbox

2022 cheat sheet with Dropbox

Amy
Community Manager

A lot of you enjoyed our 2021 cheat sheet last year (how has it been 12 months?) and this year we have even more advice to make your 2022 easier. With another 12 months of working from home experience, and some great new features to share, we’re happy to share some more tips on how to organize your life, or files, or maybe both!  

Capture.png

Capture the moment without a meeting

With Dropbox Capture you can get your message across with screenshots, GIFs, or simple videos recorded right on your screen - so you can cut down on meetings and emails, and keep it a little more succinct and personal. 2022 is not the year for meetings that aren’t essential. With Capture you can share updates on anything, and you can easily add voiceovers and markups - simple!  

Paper tips to stay organized 

I am a huge Paper fan - I use it for everything. You might have seen how I use it for organizing the holidays, but I also use it to keep on track of my day to day. You can even use some templates (right here) to get rid of that blank page fear we can sometimes feel (just me?). Using to-do lists to make sure I get my work done, with dates and check boxes, I get through it all and I get the satisfaction of ticking it off. You can find more Paper tips here. We’d love to hear how you make the most of Paper, so tell us your tricks in the comments below! 

Use Dropbox Shop to share your work with customers 

Shop.png

Shop is a new Dropbox capability that enables content creators to sell their digital content directly from Dropbox. Whether it’s for easily setting up product listings, connecting directly with customers, or seeing what works or doesn’t work through analytics - you’ll be set. If you create digital art, music, photography, gaming content or have writing you want to share with your customers, Shop is perfect for you. Sign up and request access here so you can get started! 

Forget the stress with Passwords 

You’ve definitely heard us chatting about Dropbox Passwords before, but for those of you who might not know yet - it’s password manager that syncs across your devices. It lets you seamlessly sign in to websites and apps by storing your passwords securely. The app safely stores your usernames and passwords on all your devices — so you don’t have to keep them all in your head.

Dropbox Passwords helps you to: Passwords.png
  • Create secure, strong passwords that sync across your devices
  • Lock the Passwords app automatically after inactivity or whenever your device is locked
  • Unlock the Passwords app with Face ID or Touch ID on your iOS devices or fingerprint scanner on your Android device
Never worry about a password again! 

Make the most of the Dropbox Community

Everyone can need a little help sometimes - and why not turn to a Community of people like you, with some experts sprinkled in as well? Whether you’ve misplaced a file, want to share an idea of your own, or you just want to know more about how to make the most of Dropbox - the Community can help. With other Community members, our super star Super Users and Dropboxers all hanging out here, we’ll make sure you get sorted!

Work from home tips 

And as we look forward to 2022, it looks like working from home is still going to be around for some of us. So whether you’re wfh permanently, you’re back in the office for a few days or you’re working in a hybrid way, here are some tips to make working from home easier, and keeping up a good routine. 

Working From Home Checklist: 
  •  Get dressed. It definitely helps to shift your mindset and 20 months in, PJs don’t feel so great anymore
  •  Set up your workspace and make sure you have a big water bottle to sip on throughout the day - no one needs a dehydration headache
  •  Create daily to do list with Dropbox Paper - never forget to a task again 
  •  Check your meeting schedule and make sure all meetings are necessary, and record and updates with Capture clip instead and take that time back
  •  Stand up or stretch for 1 minute after each meeting or call, maybe even fold a load of laundry - working from home has its perks. 
  •  Every time you sit back to your desk, readjust your sitting position to ensure your feet are flat, your shoulders are back and you’re not huddled over the keyboard. 
  •  Coffee break - give your eyes a screen rest
  •  Lunch break - try to eat your lunch at a different desk than the one you work at. Why not try a new recipe once a week?
  •  Get outside for some fresh air if you can
  •  Put away your work when you’re finished
  •  At least once a week clear any debris that has collected on your desk, bits of paper, extra cups, cables etc. 
  •  Breathe! 

And, just to be sure you’re not overdoing it - here tips we’ve shared on how to avoid burnout too, so make sure you take care of yourself too!

These are just a few suggestions to make 2022 a great year - but we would love to hear your thoughts and and advice you have as well! 
5 Replies 5

juanpsolf
New member | Level 2

How can I uninstall "Dropbox Capture" in Windows 10?

It does not appear on the Control Panel Uninstall listing.

Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @juanpsolf, thanks for joining the discussion here.

You should be able to find the Dropbox Capture app listed in your computer's apps and uninstall it from there, if needed.

Have you tried searching for the Capture app and right clicking on it?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

juanpsolf
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much, Walter.

But the reason why I came to this forum searching for help, is because this program does not appear on the program listing of the uninstall feature of the Windows 10 Control Panel.

There's nothing related to "Dropbox Capture" or just "Capture".

The only program with similar name is the regular "Dropbox".

Besides, if you go to the Desktop and right click on the "Dropbox Capture" icon, and then you go to "Properties",

You will not see where the program is located on the hard disk.

Thanks anyway!

2022_0124_172400_captura de pantalla.jpg2022_0124_172100_captura de pantalla.jpg

juanpsolf
New member | Level 2

Disregard my last message, Walter.

I have confused the "uninstall" function of the classic Windows Control Panel control with the APPS listing.

Thank you! And my apologies.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
No biggie @juanpsolf - I'm glad to hear it's sorted now.

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?