cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I use Dropbox: Ross

How I use Dropbox: Ross

Amy
Community Manager
We’re back again with more stories of how Dropboxers use Dropbox and today we have Ross from the Product team, who recently bought a house, and how he uses Dropbox to keep that long process rolling. 

By Ross. Age 34 1/2 

Recently we bought our first house (yup, adulting hard!). Along with the opportunity to bury myself in a level of life-long debt not known to anyone outside of the US College educated world, we had the opportunity to decorate and furnish our new dwelling to a standard we like.

We used Dropbox throughout the Design phase:

Picking colors is tricky, using a shared folder changed my life, it allowed my wife to send me samples and for us to do side-by-side comparisons. It was a great way to ideate through possibilities.

Color samples.png

And for Furnishing the house:

I believe furnishing a house should be a relatively democratic process, so we went through a similar process of saving couches we liked, and vetoing the ones we hate, until eventually we have a top tier list of relaxation stations. Cut to me and my family in a montage of Simpsons couch gags.

And for the serious stuff:

I have always used the OCR scanner feature in the Dropbox mobile app, and I’ve religiously been backing up copies of my insurance policies and receipts, so that means I can rest easy that if anything goes missing in the move, I have all the info I need. I’m also partial to candles so fireproof documents are ideal for me, not that I plan on burning down my new house, but the peace of mind is great.

We love the idea of a collaborative paint and furniture catalogue and wish list, and of course, good document hygiene is always smart. Happy moving Ross, and good luck with the paint selection! 
4 Replies 4

Drachea Rannak
Helpful | Level 6

That is really amazing, Dropbox can be used in so many ways!

Lindashoe68
New member | Level 2
Thanks for all the help, time patience, communication..

Amy
Community Manager

Of course! We're glad to see you like learning more about how us Dropboxers use Dropbox too 🙂 

Chris Woakes
Explorer | Level 3

it was a great discussion. I was looking for same solution. Thanks Community Hilton beds uk.PNG

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris Woakes Explorer | Level 3
    Amy Community Manager
    Lindashoe68 New member | Level 2
    Drachea Rannak Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?