cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How our Community members are using Dropbox

How our Community members are using Dropbox

Amy
Community Manager
Nothing makes us happier than to hear how our Community members use Dropbox. We recently asked you to share your stories, and got some great responses, so we wanted to highlight some of them! 

@Ted-3 uses Dropbox for a number of different reasons, specifically teaching at a University. From sharing graphics and drawings from an iPad, to sharing research files with colleagues, Dropbox is a part of Ted’s varied work processes, and we want to share some of his tips with you.

Sharing large files:
Dropbox is perfect for sharing large files, and not just sending them on, but controlling how they are used. Your recipients can view, comment on, and download any file link you send from Dropbox but they won't be able to edit the original file, unless you give them permission to do so. You can also password-protect a shared link and set a date for the link to expire.

Connecting a mobile device:
You can stay in touch from a mobile device, by simply downloading the Dropbox app on your phone or tablet. Like Ted, you can make the most of applications available only on mobile devices, and upload your files directly to your Dropbox account. Learn more about keeping things rolling by connecting mobile devices here

Creative content tools: 
To help with collaborating on creative projects, Dropbox has a whole new set of Creative tools to edit and share large media files quickly with Dropbox. You can learn about it here, and if you have any other ideas of tools you’d like to see, you can share your ideas here. 

Share how you use Dropbox, or tell us what tips you would like to see! 
4 Replies 4

Gianat71
New member | Level 2

Io uso Dropbox per lavoro in modo da accedere agli stessi files da più computer, ma condivido anche cartelle con mia moglie in cui salviamo bollette o altri files utili per la casa.

Edwood Stevens
New member | Level 2

Hello, have been working on structures for giving people safe and productive space to work, they are very beautiful, and very practical, and will be built as well as programmed, i look forward to seeing them light up

Ciavarella
New member | Level 2

I use it to backup my core files - financial records, scanned travel documents, medical statements - that way whenever I have access to that information, regardless of where I am.

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @Edwood Stevens, we would love to chat to you more about how you use Dropbox to help people have safe and productive space to work, are you happy for us to reach out to you on the email address connected to your Community account?

Need more support?