cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leave a Dropbox shared folder

How to leave a Dropbox shared folder

Amy
Community Manager
You might have seen us talk a lot about sharing files and working together, but every now and then there comes a time when you need to leave a shared folder. 

It doesn’t have to be awkward, this isn’t a breakup. It’s probably just the end of a project, so here’s how to gracefully exit from a shared folder. (And don’t worry, much like a breakup, you can have some time to think about it too).

How do I leave a Dropbox shared folder? 

To leave a Dropbox folder, you first need to make a choice, do you want to leave the folder forever?

Want to temporarily remove a folder (with the option to add it back later) from your Dropbox account? Follow the steps below. 
  • When you sign in to dropbox.com, find the folder you want to leave and hover over the name and click "..." (ellipsis).
  • Click Delete.

But if you’re sure you’re sure, you can permanently remove the folder from your Dropbox account, by following these steps.
  • Sign in to dropbox.com.
  • Hover over the name of the folder you'd like to permanently remove and click the share icon (rectangle with an up arrow).
  • Click [x] people have access.
  • Click the dropdown next to your name.
  • Click Remove my access.

How can I get access to a deleted folder? 

If you mis-clicked or removed a folder accidentally, you will need to ask the owner of the shared folder to invite you again.

If you’re doing a little off season spring cleaning, share your tips below! 
0 Replies 0
Need more support?