cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Offline backup, remove from local storage?

Offline backup, remove from local storage?

StanleyKnife
Explorer | Level 4

I have loads of large files on my Mac that I want to store offline. I can create a folder and then use Selective Sync to remove that folder from my computer, but if I want to add files to offline storage I have to sync that folder again in order to access it - is that right? 

Is there a way to set up a folder so I see it on my Mac and drag files into it, without having to redownload all the offline files first?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@StanleyKnife wrote:

Is there a way to set up a folder so I see it on my Mac and drag files into it, without having to redownload all the offline files first?

Create a second folder and don't use Selective Sync on it. Drag your files there and let them sync, then use the Dropbox website to move them into the other folder that you're not syncing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@StanleyKnife wrote:

Create a second folder and don't use Selective Sync on it. Drag your files there and let them sync, then use the Dropbox website to move them into the other folder that you're not syncing.

View solution in original post

StanleyKnife
Explorer | Level 4

Brilliant. Thank you.

Need more support?