cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Organize your Basic Dropbox account

Organize your Basic Dropbox account

Amy
Community Manager

Organize your day with Dropbox Basic

If you have a Dropbox Basic account, you can use it to make your day run smoothly, from Paper tips, to storage suggestions, now is the time to make the most of your account:
  • Keep your Dropbox account tidy
  • Use a Paper to-do list and other templates
  • Save time with Dropbox Passwords
  • Easily restore deleted files
Now, let’s explore each of these in more detail.

Keep your Dropbox account clean and tidy:

‘A stitch in time saves nine’ is definitely true, and a minute spent organising files can save… well, a lot of wasted time. Whether it’s making sure your files are organized in a way that makes the most of your space, or using the multi-file organize feature, you can keep your account ship shape, and easy to navigate. Got any other organizational tips you’d recommend? Leave it in the comments below!

Use a Paper to-do list to keep on top of things:

Using to-do lists to make sure you keep on top of tasks can be super helpful! Set to-dos for yourself, and prioritise by date so you can forget about tasks until a later time. We even created a handy little to-do list if you work from home right over here. Why not try Paper templates (right here) to get started on group projects, creative briefs and more.

Forget the password stress: 

Dropbox Passwords is a password manager that syncs across your devices, without taking up any space in your Dropbox account. It lets you seamlessly sign in to websites and apps by storing your passwords securely. The app remembers your usernames and passwords on all your devices — so you don’t have to. Learn more about it here. Add up all of those saved 5 minute intervals when you can’t remember your details and you have a nice chunk of time back!  

Get too into the Marie Kondo method?

Did you get too into your file clean up and accidentally delete a file you need? No problem. You can easily restore anything you’ve deleted in the past 30 days from dropbox.com, learn all about it here.

Restore.png

A tidy space, a to-do list and some time savers - if those don’t help you to organize your day, we’ll be shocked! Got any tips of your own to share? We’d love to hear them! 
10 Replies 10

Francisco Araujo
Helpful | Level 6
Gracias tienes razón es muy bueno usar esta plataforma aparte de ayudarte te beneficia

Amy
Community Manager

Gracias por tu comentario, me alegra que te haya gustado

Philc52
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks for all the features available on my Dropbox Basic account.
I really stopped using Dropbox when access was restricted to 3 devices. With a Desktop PC, a laptop, phone and tablet, I needed access from at least 4 devices.
I also didn't want to lock myself into a subscription for 2 TB.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Philc52,

Thanks for visiting the Dropbox Community. I hope you are well! Sorry to hear you didn't find what you needed with us here on the Basic plan but I hope you can continue to use Dropbox in some capacity with the 3 devices. Just out of curiosity, what is it that you use Dropbox for? I'd love to hear how you use it and think about any ways that we might be able to make it run a bit smoother for you, despite the 3 device limitations.

Thanks again, and have a lovely day

Philc52
Helpful | Level 5

Hi. The particular purpose I was using Dropbox for was saving a file which I use on multiple platforms. (I used an Android-specific password manager until the author dropped support due to API changes.)

When Dropbox restricted access to 3 devices, they removed this use case in an attempt to make me pay for more online storage than I require.

I thus moved the files to a different cloud provider's storage.

I still occasionally use Dropbox but don't put critical information there.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Philc52,

We're sorry to hear you needed to move your files elsewhere but glad you're still using Dropbox in some capacity. Have you tried using Dropbox Passwords as mentioned by Amy above? It's available on a Basic plan and could be an alternative to the Android-specific password manager you used to use?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

UpdateGoDigital
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks for all the features available on my Dropbox Basic account... I'm So happy to be a member of Dropbox

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @UpdateGoDigital,

Welcome to the Dropbox Community. Thank you so much for this lovely bit of feedback! We're very grateful to you for putting your trust in Dropbox and delighted that you are happy with us! It's always great to hear from people with positive feedback. Do you mind me asking what you primarily use Dropbox for, and what it is that makes you so happy to be a member?

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day! 

Graham

MikkelH
Helpful | Level 5

I'm still using Dropbox, and I have been doing so for more than 12 years now. I can relate to the sentiment expressed by Philc52 regarding the limitation of only having three devices. It becomes challenging when you are studying and have a phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop PC at home, exceeding the allowed device limit.

Need more support?