cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tell us: How are you using Dropbox while working from home?

Tell us: How are you using Dropbox while working from home?

Amy
Community Manager

Are you working from home? We are really interested to know more about how our Community members are using Dropbox at the moment. Whether it’s for work, personal projects or even just organizing your files, we would love to hear about it. We’ve really enjoyed hearing all of the different ways you are using Dropbox.

Join the conversation and share your experience below!

8F5Or1eE.jpeg

10 Replies 10

Amy
Community Manager

To answer my own question, while working from home I have obviously been using Dropbox Paper a lot. But without my commute, I have finally had an extra chunk of time to organize a lot of my own files - so I made a to-do list on Paper, and worked through backing up family photo albums and important documents.

Once that was all done, I also had the time to work on an art project with a friend who is a continent away. 

I'd love to hear about how other people are using their extra time while working from home!

jsbradley
New member | Level 2

I use dropbox to share files with multiple people

nomadicwind
Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox paper is the tool that brought me back to dropbox.

I am using it to create a priority-based todo and history tracker.

This is who we do this. I have created and shared it with my client:

10/5/2020

[ ] fix export bug #1243

[ ] email notification for quality hold

[ ] auto place expired goods as a quality hold.

ones the work is done I mark it as complete. And those that I couldn't finish it move it to the next day, at the end of the day. 

10/6/2020

[ ] auto place expired goods as a quality hold.

10/5/2020

[x] fix export bug #1243

[x] email notification for quality hold

Since I started following this strategy. There is complete transparency and no confusion on what I have completed. also, my client has been able to easily set priorities for me. 

This is my fav task manager at this point, and the lowest learning curve for any one i show it.

Amy
Community Manager

That's a great use of Dropbox Paper @nomadicwind, we love the idea of a low learning curve for your clients. We're all busy so something that works well is a real relief! Thanks for sharing this tip with us, we'd love to know of any others you have too!

_Luise_Beck_
Explorer | Level 4

I use my Dropbox for private purposes as well as for work.
Privately I organize almost all documents in the dropbox. Whether application documents, contracts, identification documents or personal notes.
I also share pictures or files with friends, on which we work together.

Professionally, the Dropbox is mainly used to make documents available in a team. We all work from different locations and can therefore easily access the same documents.

thommatthews
New member | Level 2

I used to subscribe to Carbonite but no longer need to since all my docs. and system backup are on Dropbox.

KaHoHa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

during transition time from Officework to Homeoffice I used it as a steady file folder. Because of data security regulations I am not allowed to install it on my desktop Computer at work, but I could still open Dropbox in the browser and download my latest files, when I needed them.

Camden
New member | Level 2
I have no clue

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @_Luise_Beck_, thanks for sharing your experience with us! We would love to chat to you more about how you use Dropbox, are you happy for us to reach out to you on the email address connected to your Community account?

Need more support?