cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Photo Uploads. Any Way To Speed It Up?

Very Slow Photo Uploads. Any Way To Speed It Up?

Bob_1
Helpful | Level 5
Good day!

A friend came to me with a Android phone that they want to replace with a new iPhone. I don’t know much about Androids, but I know enough to check if they have photos BEFORE they ditch the phone. Yep, 2500+. Set them up a paid DropBox account and started photo (and contact) uploads days ago. It is at 2427 photos left to upload now. Yep, the local telco internet is slow (very rural here). I have tried sharing my iPhone hotspot instead, still dragging. THIS WAY is gonna take w-e-e-k-s. Any suggestions?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Very Slow Photo Uploads. Any Way To Speed It Up?

Drachea Rannak
Helpful | Level 6

Not a solution for dropbox, but you can use a pendrive on most android phones to move the photos there, and then copy them to a computer and then sync that to the new iphone. That would be a lot faster.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Very Slow Photo Uploads. Any Way To Speed It Up?

Drachea Rannak
Helpful | Level 6

Not a solution for dropbox, but you can use a pendrive on most android phones to move the photos there, and then copy them to a computer and then sync that to the new iphone. That would be a lot faster.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Drachea Rannak Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?