cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We want to hear from you

We want to hear from you

Amy
Community Manager
Whether it’s for personal use, education or work, there are a lot of people who use Dropbox differently. We want to know more about how you get the most from Dropbox, and how you make it work for you. We would love to see any tips, tricks or Dropbox features that make your life easier in the comments, to help other Dropbox members.

Join the conversation and share your insights below slightly smiling face 

Thank you - from the entire Community team
47 Replies 47

Altaire
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Casper,

I was very interested in Item 5 from your list.  The only Apple product I own is an iPhone X but it has become increasingly difficult to manage a music library on a Windows computer with iTunes for Windows installed.  So, while I don't want to switch my phone for an Android phone, I wondered if, what you noted can be done on an iPhone and if so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Altaire

Jim_Shiffrin
Helpful | Level 5

I have a folders for each of a number of organizations I belong to. All files for each organization are in their folder, with the folderes shared between officers of the organization. This way nobody has important files on their personal hard drives, and everyone can see what is going on. This includes the source files for a web page, membership rosters, minutes/agendas, etc.

adam999999999999
New member | Level 2

I'm use Dropbox to share files with my students.

Borg3
Helpful | Level 6

I use Dropbox to access files on multiple devices and as a form of backup method. For example, I could access notes on-the-go on my phone whilst on placement. I primarily use it for University, both education and research. I have also used it less frequently for sharing documents with people; this use was more common during my undergrad studies when I was involved with committees.

Bjarnevp
New member | Level 2
I have used Dropbox for many years, maybe 10, and has been from the start a easy storage solution. I have used it to access from different mobiles, work-pc, home-pc, ipad and android-tablet. Currently I have pictures from 2009, many documents, from work, family.

Adam G.18
Helpful | Level 6

I do a lot of music teaching so having a folder of resources ( sometimes large Logic Pro X  projects) for each student that I can simple send them a  dropbox link for them to download - is incredibly useful and saves me have to log on to we transfer and physically email them items.  I  retain complete control of the folder ( so can change the contents at any time). 

When I have a gig coming up - I  put all the arrangement parts etc pdfs  with set list and mp3s -in a dropbox folder and email the link to the band members. They can then prepare the material/download as they need .. if I need to change anything I can do that and just let them know if something has changed.

After the gig I 'dismantle' the Folder and put the material in a general music folder which can later be subdivided for the next gig, material added etc

ChaiPaniEtc
New member | Level 2
I use Dropbox for storing file which I need on other devices also.

celiodavi
New member | Level 2
Eu uso para fim de lazer aonde armazeno minhas fotos e também para fins de trabalho aonde deixo armazenado meus trabalhos e dicas para futuros Jobs além de algumas ferramentas que utilizo

upshaw8
New member | Level 2

I started using DB shortly after its launch and have referred many people to it. I blelieve in your product and find it invaluably useful. I use it to back up and maintain access to critical documents and files across several comptuers and devices. I like being able to access my files from wherever I am at, even if it is just through the web interface. It is truly one of the most critical tools I have in my computing and productivity. 

pamphleteer
Explorer | Level 4

We have a Bible institute and will be making our instructional materials available to our students by way of Dropbox.

Need more support?