cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We want to hear from you

We want to hear from you

Amy
Community Manager
Whether it’s for personal use, education or work, there are a lot of people who use Dropbox differently. We want to know more about how you get the most from Dropbox, and how you make it work for you. We would love to see any tips, tricks or Dropbox features that make your life easier in the comments, to help other Dropbox members.

Join the conversation and share your insights below slightly smiling face 

Thank you - from the entire Community team
47 Replies 47

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @Stefen H., that's a really interesting use of Dropbox! We would love to chat to you more about how you use Dropbox for audio files, are you happy for us to reach out to you on the email address connected to your Community account?

Stefen H.
Collaborator | Level 8

@anonymous Sure.

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @Adam G.18that's a really interesting use of Dropbox! We would love to chat to you more about how you use Dropbox for teaching and sharing music files, are you happy for us to reach out to you on the email address connected to your Community account?

DerbyDoug
Explorer | Level 4

I sent family photos to my brother via Dropbox, but he refused to open them. He said that after reading the Dropbox agreement, he feared that Dropbox could access all of the photos he has stored on his PC and alter/delete them. My nephew, who does cyber security for a Fortune 500 company, said that scenario would be highly unlikely; however, he said this is still possible. I have stopped using Dropbox amongst family members but would appreciate your comments.

lkstar
Explorer | Level 4

I upload photos for my team in Bangladesh to re-touch, and then they send them back to me. Usually, I can upload a pic, then highlight the elements that need re-touching, but lately that "highlight" or "select" tool doesn't work in Chrome, which is frustrating. The other area that seesm hard to me is that when I upload 10 photos directly from my photo app, they have numeric, auto-assigned file names and I need to rename them for context. In folder view, it seems like the only way to rename a file is to select it (via the checkbox) and then select "rename" from the operations menu, one at a time. It would be much easier if I could rename the file by clicking on it (a la Google drive), and/or rename the file from the view page (instead of folder page.) 

any suggestions?  thank you!

radhikagupta1967
New member | Level 2
Using dropbox for almost 8 months earier camera upload even if the app is closed was done but since last one month it is not happening tried all possible tricks n tips as mentioned but still not working what to do

beckycr
Explorer | Level 4

Caspar, I'm wondering how you feel about the safety of CloudPlayer?  I thought I would be able to give it permission to only my music folder, but it has permission to access all of my dropbox account.  Not sure I'm going to use it without being able to give selective folder permission.

pamphleteer
Explorer | Level 4

Present and Accounted for. Will be upgrading very soon.

Need more support?