cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add collapse/expand nested lists in Dropbox Paper documents

Add collapse/expand nested lists in Dropbox Paper documents

Murz
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox Paper allow to create nested lists in Paper documents, but when we create long nested tree - it's hard to navigate between it. 

Will be good to have feature for collapse and expand nested elements of lists in Dropbox Paper editor. Good example of collapse/expand interface you can see in Diigo Outliners: https://www.diigo.com/outliner/start

Latest Update
Walter
Dropbox Staff

This idea has been closed due to inactivity and can no longer be voted for. If you have a similar idea please share it with us here.

Status changed to: Closed
20 Comments
slimpig
Helpful | Level 5

Interesting.  After I format the text as H1/H2 it then gives me a little 'arrow' to collapse whatever is underneath -- I just hover opter it and click the arrow to collapse it down to just the heading.

Is this what you mean?  I'm on Dropbox Business Standard FYI.

dbpapaer-collapse.png

writerscafe
New member | Level 2

Just to add to this feature topic. I have a lot of H2 headings and it would be nice to have an expand or collapse all functionality.

geiras
Explorer | Level 4

When a checkbox item has nested elements, it would be useful to be able to collapse the content to declutter the interface and have a more holistic view of all tasks.

DHCross
Explorer | Level 3

I agree with this and hope it is implemented soon. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi peeps; thanks for using Paper and helping us improve it!

I just dropped by to mention that this idea is going to need a bit more support before we can share your suggestion with the team so I've updated the status to encourage more users to back you up!

Keep the creativity flowing and stay safe! 

Status changed to: Gathering Support
Qwerty2000
New member | Level 2

Toggle list is the reason why I am using Notion notes instead of Dropbox Paper - please consider to make that feature

Qwerty2000
New member | Level 2

C0BFD679-AE82-4792-A1F3-BAB1D7AC3004.jpeg

Toggle list in Notion app

Lightinz1
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, this is an really important feature. Dropbox please add it already. All paper alternatives like Coda, Notion already have it.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thank you for your idea, while we can’t take every idea forward we do regularly re-review and will update you if anything changes!

Status changed to: Not for right now
Walter
Dropbox Staff

This idea has been closed due to inactivity and can no longer be voted for. If you have a similar idea please share it with us here.

Status changed to: Closed
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

40 votes received